Monday, June 16, 2008

i-TFTD #128

i-TFTD #128

#128-1. A very large amount of human suffering and frustration is caused by the fact that many men and women are not content to be the sort of beings that God has made them, but try to persuade themselves that they are really beings of some different kind.

-Eric Mascall

#128-2. Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.
-Dwight Eisenhower

#128-3. Vain, very vain is my search to find;
that happiness which only centers in the mind.
-Oliver Goldsmith

_____
I find the first one to be profound.

The second is to be read carefully. With the power of position or authority or strong persuasion I can get others to do what I want because I want them to do it, but the real influencing of a leader is when I get them to want to do it. Not through manipulation but by alignment of goals.

No comments: