Thursday, April 3, 2008

i-TFTD #112

i-TFTD #112

#112-1. If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.

-George Bernard Shaw

#112-2. Egotism is the anesthetic given by a kindly nature to relieve the pain of being a damned fool.
-Bellamy Brooks

#112-3. The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously.
-Hubert H. Humphrey

____
When we express our ideas and listen to another's, we often get some more ideas.

Deliberately doing silly, foolish things sometimes helps generate new ideas.

This is something many managers and subordinates fail to appreciate. A manager should not hesitate to let everyone voice their opinion on an important decision, somehow thinking that this diminishes the prerogative provided by the position. I can exercise my right to give suggestions to my seniors but cannot insist that they are all implemented.

No comments: