Friday, May 22, 2009

i-TFTD #205

i-TFTD #205

#205-1. I detest life insurance agents; they always argue that I shall someday die, which is not so.
-Stephen Leacock

#205-2. I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity.
-Gilda Radner

#205-3. And now here is my secret, a very simple secret; it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

_____
We often refuse to see some unpleasant facts that are clear, as brought out in the bestseller book, "Who Moved My Cheese?". Ambiguity in certain areas of life is one such fact. We should try to achieve better clarity but remain aware that there will always be some residual unknowns. Intuition or gut feel or hunch can sometimes be a good guide in such situations.

No comments: