Friday, February 1, 2008

i-TFTD #90

i-TFTD #90

#90-1. If you are doing your best, you will not have time to worry about failure.
-Robert Hillyer

#90-2. It's not good enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required.
-Winston Churchill

#90-3. It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly.
-Mabel Newcombe

_____
The first step is optimistic action, aiming for personal excellence.

Periodically examine whether you are comfortable in superficial efficiency at the cost of effectiveness. An example is when I do not delagate because it means I have to spend time handholding and grooming my subordinate so I give the excuse of getting the job done very fast and to higher quality by continuously doing myself and also getting to blame the incompetence of my subordinate.

Not to forget that knowing the target/goal clearly up front is a necessity. Otherwise how we do periodically assess effectiveness and correct our course?

No comments: