Wednesday, January 2, 2008

i-TFTD #78

i-TFTD #78

#78-1. Society is like a stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you get a lot of scum on the top.
-Edward Abbey, naturalist and author (1927-1989)

#78-2. Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes, economist (1883-1946)

#78-3. I am willing to put myself through anything; temporary pain or discomfort means nothing to me as long as I can see that the experience will take me to a new level. I am interested in the unknown, and the only path to the unknown is through breaking barriers, an often painful process.

-Diane Nyad, painter

____
A little shake-up to thought patterns of individuals, teams, organizations and society is recommended at periodic intervals. Events and circumstances might occasionally force such a review and renewal, but attainment of new levels of success requires doing this proactively. A useful New Year resolution, methinks.

Such a move beyond the familiar would naturally involve a temporary discomfort but the outcome is worth it.

No comments: