Friday, December 7, 2007

i-TFTD #72

i-TFTD #72

#72-1. In times of change learners inherit the earth; while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists.

-Eric Hoffer

#72-2. Four short words sum up what has lifted most successful individuals above the crowd: a little bit more. They did all that was expected of them and a little bit more.

-A. Lou Vickery

#72-3. A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.
-Anon

_____
I was struck by the distinction drawn between a learner and the learned. Taking the quotation literally one can say, "As soon as I feel I know I am doomed." The third one I saw in a board outside the Our Lady of Good Counsel church at Sion, Mumbai. It is a favourite because my observation is that too many are too serious all the time.

No comments: