Thursday, November 22, 2007

i-TFTD #68

#68-1. Sometimes, in order to have complete integrity, you will stand alone. You may at times lose friends, but you will find inner peace by staying with that in which you believe.
-Thomas D. Willhite

#68-2. A person asked God, "What surprises you most about mankind?" God answered: "That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live neither for the present nor the future. That they live as if they will never die, and they die as if they had never lived..."
-Anon

#68-3. I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something I can do.
-Edward Everett Hale

_____
As someone rightly said, it's lonely at the top. The top need not mean official position, it could be any higher level of excellence in an activity.

Living in the present moment, fully absorbed and aware... so simple yet so rare! This is recommended by stress management gurus, spiritual texts and can even be a cure for procrastination of important actions.

Many times we get stuck pondering over things that we cannot control, and in the bargain, miss opportunities to do what we can.


No comments: